Monday, March 2, 2015

Disney Day Out


One of the reasons that we started this blog was to share some of the fun experiences we do with Grace.  Our trip to see Frozen on Ice this past weekend was just such an experience.

Last fall, one of our friends called to ask if I would be interested in a mommy and daughter date trip to see the hit show.  And I didn't even hesitate to say yes. All together, there were three mommies and three little princesses at the show.

Although I have been talking about it ever since we bought the tickets, I'm pretty sure Grace didn't understand what we were going to do. But I didn't let that wane my excitement.  I even asked mom and dad to get her an Elsa costume from the Disney Store for Christmas.  And I'm pretty sure I was WAY more excited about it when she opened it on Christmas Day.

Princess Grace in her new Queen Elsa costume and her new star wand.
It's not that I even like Frozen that much. I was just super excited to share such a neat experience with my little princess.

We tried the dress on one other time for a princess day fundraiser in Litchfield, and I must say Grace just looked darling.

So, needless to say, I was ready for the day to finally arrive. We got up early (which has always been a big feat for me), and I couldn't wait to get Grace dressed.  I even worried about what I would wear, not having any Frozen gear myself.  I settled on just a regular old boring shirt.

The dress wasn't exactly made for car seat riding, but we managed to get her in there nonetheless and met our friends in Litchfield.  Everyone was very excited to get there.

These little princesses are ready to see Frozen on Ice!
And even though not one of us was directionally savvy, we still managed to find our way to the Scottrade Center, and even found a place to park.  It was fun to walk the few blocks to the stadium and see all the little girls dressed in their favorite Frozen outfits.  

It was wall to wall people once we got in the doors, and plenty of souvenir and snack stands selling anything you could possibly imagine from Frozen.  All three girls settled on lighted star wands, and it was the best $32 I have spent all year. Some moms would probably envy the fact that Grace just can't ask for something at every souvenir stand.  I don't ever hear, "Mom, I want that" or "Mom, can we get that?" But just because she doesn't ask, doesn't mean I can't indulge her every now and then.  I picked the star wand because I knew she could wrap her hand around the wand part, and it wasn't too heavy.  She liked it during the show, but she has enjoyed playing with it even more at home.

Princesses cheesing at intermission, along with Bruce.
After we stopped by the snack stand, we made our way to our seats for the show.  It was a lot of fun with good skaters too.  It was a little long for Grace, and I'm not sure exactly how much she got out of it.  But I know she loved the music, because she was rocking in her seat.  I also know she just loved being there with me and our friends.

All of our favorite Frozen characters were there!
Sometimes, it's a big effort for me to go and do things like that, especially without Kyle to help.  I took a stroller to walk with Grace, but I still had to carry her some, and our friends were only too glad to help when we needed it, for which I will be forever grateful.

Although I don't know if Grace will ever remember anything about our special day, I know that it's a memory I will always treasure.

Sharing a special day with my favorite Frozen princess.

1 comment:

  1. You sure were surrounded by the princesses. I had completely forgot about it because I was going to ask Christy to take Alexis. The kids love the movie and I am sure she would have loved it. Glad to see you all had a good time.

    ReplyDelete